New Mexico Mutual recognizes that your privacy is important. This Policy discloses the privacy practices for New Mexico Mutual’s family of Websites (collectively, the “Site”), as well as related products and services we may offer to you (collectively referred to as the “Services”). This Policy also covers how personal and other information that we receive or collect about you on the Site is treated. Please read the information below regarding your use of this Site.
- If you visit our Websites to browse, read or download information, please know that New Mexico Mutual automatically collects and stores browsing information utilizing both session based and persistent cookies. This information includes the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address and approximate location of the computer you are using; the browser software and type of operating system you use; the date and time you access our sites; and the internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our websites. New Mexico Mutual uses this information as anonymous aggregate data (“Non-Identifying Data”) to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our websites, to ensure that websites are working properly and to help us make our websites more useful. We do not use it to track or record information about individuals.
- New Mexico Mutual utilizes Google Analytics to better understand and improve the performance of the Site. Google Analytics utilizes Non-Identifying Data from the Site to provide these services. You can learn how Google uses that data by reading their policies here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- We collect Personal Information through the Site only if you choose to provide it.
- As a workers’ compensation insurer, New Mexico Mutual may collect non-public personal information directly from customers, claimants, or agents to serve their respective insurance needs, conduct business and fulfill any legal requirements. Information may include:
- Company name, address & federal employer identification number (FEIN) or Social Security Number;
- Payroll, assets & employee class codes; and
- Loss runs (i.e., the history of the number and severity of workplace injuries and illnesses).
- New Mexico Mutual may obtain information from customer transactions and other business transactions such as payment history and premium balance. Depending on the nature of the transaction, New Mexico Mutual may also collect information from certain third parties such as an injured worker, health care providers, other insurers, government agencies, information clearinghouses, courts and other sources of public records.
How We Use Personal Information that You Choose to Provide New Mexico Mutual
Personal Information you provide New Mexico Mutual may be used to help us serve you better in some of the following ways:
- Process claims & other transactions: Evaluate New Mexico Mutual product or service request
- Confirm or correct information: Prevent or detect fraud or other crimes
- Run our business: Process data
- Perform research: Comply with law and regulations
- Audit our business: Process information or material requests
- Respond to inquiries or complaints about a particular company practice: Satisfaction Surveys
How We May Disclose Information that You Choose to Provide New Mexico Mutual
- Personal Information you provide us may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Within New Mexico Mutual and its affiliates;
- To third-party contractors or agents for the purpose of supporting or servicing our business, subject to confidentiality agreements and restrictions to use information only for the purposes of performing those business services;
- To insurance support, regulatory and consumer protection entities.
- To another company in the event we are reorganizing, selling all or any part of our business, or if we are merging with another company, or if they otherwise have a legal interest in your insurance or insurance benefits;
- Giving information to the government so that it may determine whether you may get benefits that it will have to pay for,
- As otherwise necessary to adjusting your claim or determining benefits;
- As otherwise allowed by law
New Mexico Mutual does not sell any information about our customers for marketing purposes to non-affiliated third-party entities such as mailing list companies or mass marketing organizations.
New Mexico Mutual may use and disclose your information to third-party contractors or vendors to assist us in offering you other New Mexico Mutual products and services. If New Mexico Mutual were to share what we know about you with another financial services company to offer you products or services through a joint marketing arrangement, we would let you “opt-out.” New Mexico Mutual will not disclose information to unaffiliated companies for use in selling their products to you except through such joint marketing arrangements.
New Mexico Mutual will not share your health information with any other company to permit it to market its products and services to you.