If you are a policy holder or a claimant, you will also receive a privacy statement related to your insurance policy or claim (“Privacy Statement”). If there are any conflicts between that Privacy Statement and this Policy, the Privacy Statement will control.
You acknowledge that this Policy is designed to be read in connection with the Site’s Terms and Conditions of Use, which is available at www.newmexicomutual.com, and that by accessing or using our Site, you agree to be bound by the Site’s Terms and Conditions of Use, as well as this Policy.
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time without advance notice. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information (defined below) by placing a prominent notice on our site, and by updating any privacy information on this page with its effective date. Your continued use of the Site and or Services available through this Site after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and (b) your agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
- If you visit our Websites to browse, read or download information, please know that New Mexico Mutual automatically collects and stores browsing information utilizing both session based and persistent cookies. This information includes the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address and approximate location of the computer you are using; the browser software and type of operating system you use; the date and time you access our sites; and the internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our websites. New Mexico Mutual uses this information as anonymous aggregate data (“Non-Identifying Data”) to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our websites, to ensure that websites are working properly and to help us make our websites more useful. We do not use it to track or record information about individuals.
- New Mexico Mutual utilizes Google Analytics to better understand and improve the performance of the Site. Google Analytics utilizes Non-Identifying Data from the Site to provide these services. You can learn how Google uses that data by reading their policies here: google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- The Site also utilizes FullStory to collect real-time information on usage of the Site, including mouse movements and clicks within the site, and non-sensitive text entered. FullStory Services use first-party cookies and local storage to maintain a coherent scope for a user session across multiple pages on a single website. This information is used by New Mexico Mutual to improve its services and the Site. The collection and use of that information is subject to this Policy.
Personal Information and other information collected:
- We collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”) through the Site only if you choose to provide it.
- As a workers’ compensation insurer, New Mexico Mutual may collect information directly from customers, claimants, or agents to serve their respective insurance needs, conduct business and fulfill any legal requirements. Such information may include:
- Company name, address & federal employer identification number (FEIN) or Social Security Number;
- Payroll, assets & employee class codes; and
- Loss runs (i.e., the history of the number and severity of workplace injuries and illnesses).
- New Mexico Mutual may obtain Personal Information from customer transactions and other business transactions such as payment history and premium balance. Depending on the nature of the transaction, New Mexico Mutual may also collect Personal Information from certain third parties such as an injured worker, health care providers, other insurers, government agencies, information clearinghouses, courts and other sources of public records.
How We Use Personal Information that You Choose to Provide New Mexico Mutual
Personal Information you provide New Mexico Mutual may be used to help us serve you better in some of the following ways:
|Process claims & other transactions||Evaluate New Mexico Mutual product or service request|
|Confirm or correct information||Prevent or detect fraud or other crimes|
|Run our business||Process data|
|Perform research||Comply with law and regulations|
|Audit our business||Process information or material requests|
|Respond to inquiries or complaints about a particular company practice||Satisfaction Surveys|
How We May Disclose Information that You Choose to Provide New Mexico Mutual
- Personal Information you provide us may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- Within New Mexico Mutual and its affiliates;
- To third-party contractors or agents for the purpose of supporting or servicing our business, subject to confidentiality agreements and restrictions to use information only for the purposes of performing those business services;
- To insurance support, regulatory and consumer protection entities;
- To another company in the event we are reorganizing, selling all or any part of our business, or if we are merging with another company, or if they otherwise have a legal interest in your insurance or insurance benefits;
- Giving information to the government so that it may determine whether you may get benefits that it will have to pay for;
- As otherwise necessary to adjusting your claim or determining benefits; and
- As otherwise allowed by law.
- New Mexico Mutual does not sell any Personal Information for marketing purposes to non-affiliated third-party entities such as mailing list companies or mass marketing organizations.
- New Mexico Mutual may use and disclose Personal Information to third-party contractors or vendors to assist us in offering you other New Mexico Mutual products and services. If New Mexico Mutual were to share Personal Information with another financial services company to offer you products or services through a joint marketing arrangement, we would let you “opt-out.” New Mexico Mutual will not disclose Personal Information to unaffiliated companies for use in selling their products to you except through such joint marketing arrangements.
- New Mexico Mutual will not share your health information with any other company to permit it to market its products and services to you.
Certain services and information available through this Site are provided by link to third-party sites. This Policy only applies to this Site. If you visit any third-party website linked to this Site, your use of that third-party site and any information provided to or collected by that third-party site by you will be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site.
Safeguarding Personal Information
We have implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control. Your Personal Information will be encrypted and stored on our secured servers. Your Personal Information is also password protected so that access through the Site is limited to yourself and those authorized to access that information pursuant to this Policy. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised or your account is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Children’s Privacy Protection
We do not seek to collect any information about children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted on this Website by users under 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits Personal Information to the Website without parental authorization, we delete the information as soon as we discover the source of the submission and do not use it for any other purpose. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet, and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
Applicable laws may give you additional rights that are not described in this Policy. In addition, you may have additional or separate rights described in your insurance contract with New Mexico Mutual. To the extent any conflict between those terms exists, your insurance contract will control.
If you have questions regarding our this Policy or use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com , or by mail at:
New Mexico Mutual
Attn: Corporate Governance Department
5201 Balloon Fiesta Parkway NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Last Updated: January 27, 2021.